Get To Know Me Book Tag!

My first book tag! I wanted to post this so you guys could get to know me a little better. If you have any other book tag recs, let me know!
(This tag was taken from Sarah & Shannan from The Little Contemporary Corner)
(Disclaimer: I use a lot of bullet points here. you've been warned.)

THE BOOKISH QUESTIONS:
Can you stop reading at any time, or does it have to be a certain page or chapter?
I can stop at any given moment if it's an emergency, but otherwise I have to stop at a chapter.
Do you eat or drink anything whilst reading?
Occasionally. I make sure I'm very careful though. Sometimes if I'm really absorbed in a book, I forget to eat so snacking while reading is a good idea for me.
Can you read listening to music or watching TV?
No. I get way to distracted. It's hard enough when people are in the room talking. This makes reading in public places very difficult.
One book at a time, or several at once?
I try not to start too many at a time. (Spoiler: I fail.) But if I'm reading too many at a time, it gets to the point where I won't read any of them because I get overwhelmed.
Reading at home or everywhere?
Home. My preferred reading spot in on my bed, but the couch or porch will do. I;m working on creating my own reading nook in my bedroom, so we'll see how that goes.
Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head. I hate reading out loud. I get it from my mom.
Do you read ahead, or skip pages?
I suffer from this thing called Second Hand Embarrassment, so I skip pages when the need arises.
Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
TBH, I just open the book. Whatever happens, happens.
Do you write books, or just read them?
I also hate writing. I'm getting better at it, but I don't enjoy doing it. That's actually one of the reasons I started this blog, was to improve my writing skills and try to learn to enjoy it. And to share my thoughts, obviously.
What are some of your favorite books of all time? 
In no particular order...
  1. Queen of Shadows by Sarah j. Maas (Throne of glass, #4)
  2. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah j. Maas (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)
  3. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (Six of Crows, #1)
  4. Windwitch by Susan Dennard (The Witchlands, #2)
  5. Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (The Illuminae Files, #2)
  6. A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab (Shades of Magic, #2)
  7. Cress by Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles, #3)
  8. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan (Percy Jackson and The Olympians, #1)
  9. The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan (Heroes of Olympus, #2)
  10. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare (The Infernal Devices, #2)
  11. City of Fallen Angles by Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
  12. The Martian by Andy Wier
  13. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater (The Raven Cycle, #1)
  14. Passenger by Alexandra Bracken (Passenger, #1)
  15. Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken (The Darkest Minds, #2)
What was your gateway book/series? 
Nancy Drew mysteries. I own every single one, and for years that's all I would read. I adore them. Ironically, I never really got into the Hardy Boys mysteries.
(Fun Fact! Did you know there are Nancy Drew computer games? You play as Nancy and solve mysteries in first person! Check out Herinteractive.com. [This is not a paid promotion, I just really love Nancy Drew.])

THE NORMAL QUESTIONS:
What is my name and preferred  pronouns?
My name is Samantha, but everyone calls me Sam and no one can call me Sammy. This isn't Supernatural. You're not Dean.
I go by She/Her
How old am I and where am I from?
I am almost 17 (in June) and I was born in New Jersey. I lived on the west coast for most of my life, but recently moved back to the east coast.
Public school or Homeschool?
Homeschooled since 4th grade. It's probably a big reason why I read so much.
What do I like to do besides reading?
I love to bake. My go to treat is either plain ol' Chocolate Chip cookies or Brown Butter Blondies. I am still trying to prefect making French Macarons. 
 What are some of my favorite shows to watch?
In no particular order...

  1. Supernatural
  2. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
  3. Once Upon A Time
  4. The Blacklist
  5. Riverdale
  6. Netflix's Marvel shows (Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Daredevil, The Punisher, The Defenders)
  7. Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  8. Stranger Things
  9. Mythbusters
  10. Alias Grace
  11. The 100
  12. NCIS (NCIS:NO)
  13. Sherlock
  14. Twin Peaks
  15. Blindspot
Any Pets?
I have 3 cats, 2 dogs, 1 guinea pig and my sister has 6 fish and a snail.
Any sibilings or cousins?
 I have a twin sister, a younger sister, and an older half sister. I also have 1 younger cousin.
If I could Travel to 3 places, where would I go and why?
  1. Ireland. I love it, and I have distant family/ancestors there. 
  2. New Jersey. I would love to see the city I was born in and where my parents met. 
  3. Oregon. I grew up there for the most part, and it will always hold a special place in my heart.
Do I know any instruments or languages?
I know English and how to push peoples buttons. That's about it...
Favorite Bands?
In no particular order...

  1.  Fall Out Boy
  2. Neon Trees/Tyler Glenn
  3. Shinedown
  4. Panic! At The Disco
  5. Taylor Swift
  6. Katy Perry
  7. American Authors
  8. WALK THE MOON
  9. Lorde
  10. P!nk
  11. Zella Day
  12. Imagine Dragons
  13. Demi Lovato
  14. Ke$ha
  15. Bruce Springsteen
  16. X Ambassadors
(Listen ok I'm a 2000's kid this is to be expected)
Who are my top 3 favorite celebs?
  1. Sebastian Stan
  2. Ellen Degeneres
  3. Tom Hiddleston
Favorite emoji?
I use the crying/laughter one a lot but I also use ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ a lot.

What social media do I use?
I use Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr and Pinterest.
Anything else to share?
My all time favorite movie is Captain America: The Winter Soldier and my Favorite character is Bucky. (Hence, Sebastian Stan being my fave celebrity.)

    So, that's that! If you read through all of that, thank you! I hope you know me better now. Just so everyone knows, my next post will be my Gemina review. If you would like to use this tag, go for it!

-Sam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My 2018 wrap-up!

An Interview with Beth Revis and Kati Gardner

2019 Blog Plans