Hamilton Book Tag

In honor of Lin-Manuel Miranda's child being born, and because I love the Hamilton soundtrack, I wanted to do this book tag! Taken from Dreamland BookBlog who got it from Maureen Keavy.

The Room Where It Happened: A book world I would put myself into
 I would have to say A Darker Shade of Magic's Londons. Specifically Red London. I would love to explore the markets and castle and riverside and kingdoms.

They Schuyler Sisters: An underrated female character
One of my favorite underrated female characters is Lysandra from the Throne of Glass series. She is tough as nails, a "mother" and a shapeshifter. And almost no one talks about her! Everyone is all over Elide. (And in my opinion, Elide is overrated. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )


My Shot: A character that goes after something they want and doesn't let anything stop them
Aeduan from the Witchlands series. I think he is the perfect candidate for this question because that's all he ever does if go after things/people. In Truthwitch, it was Safi and Iseult he was after. In Windwitch, it was his money and the mysterious scent he couldn't identify. I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up in Sightwitch hunting a deer or something.

You'll Be Back: Sassiest Villain
Piper Greenmantle from The Raven Cycle. She oozes sass. As does her husband, but we're focusing on Piper.

Non-Stop: A series I marathoned
Percy Jackson and They Olympians. When I first discovered this series, I bought the first one on my kindle. And then the second. And third. And fourth. And fifth. I couldn't get enough. It took me all of one week to finish them. I was addicted. I barely ate, slept, talked. I was sick the week afterwards. #NoRegrets

Satisfied: A favorite book with multiple POVs (Point of Views)
Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. I love every single character from that series. The gang is great. One day I think I'll even join the Dregs and get a NMNF tattoo. We'll see.


Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story: A book/series that will be remembered throughout history
Harry Potter. Duh. I don't think there will be a single generation for the next century who won't be just as obsessed with it like we are today. J.K. Rowling will be so rich.


Helpless: A relationship you were rooting for from the start
Katniss/Peeta from The Hunger Games. When I read those books, I honestly couldn't understand why people liked Gale. I found him annoying. Then in Mockingjay when he did the thing it just cemented it further. I am sad that Katniss lost someone she cared about though.


Ten Dual Commandments: Favorite fight scene:
The Illuminae Files is basically one big fight scene, so i'm going to cheat and say that. sorrynotsorry.


Say No To This: A guilty pleasure read
Probably the Trials of Apollo series by Rick Riordan. It is obviously geared towards younger readers and I can't stand Apollo but I read them and buy the books anyways.


What Comes Next: A series you wish had more books
The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan. That trilogy is so underrated it hurts. All of the fan-art that will never be. The only saving grace about it not being very well know is that it will never be turned into a crappy movie. Lookin' at you, The Lightning Thief.


Right Hand Man- Favorite BroTp
Oh man. Percy and Jason. Kell and Rhy. Blue and Ronan. Jesper and Inej. Cassian and Feyre. Cinder and Thorne. Sadie and Percy. Jace and Alec. Will and Jem. Safi and Iseult. Merik and Kullen. I could go on and on.


What Did I Miss: A book/series I was late to the party on
For most of my reading "career", I read books that came out years earlier. One of my favorites though is The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare. I love steampunk and fantasy, so this series was the cherry on top for me. It will always hold a special place in my heart.

Stay Alive: A character you wish was still alive
POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED....
.
.
.
I really wish Nehimia from Throne of Glass was still alive. I know Celaena's transformation in HoF wouldn't have happened, but I'm confidant that Sarah J. Maas could've figured it out. Nehemia would've made a great addition to Aelin's court. *sigh*

Burn: The most heartbreaking end to a relationship
SPOILERS AGAIN.
.
.
.
Celaena and Chaol. It ended because Chaol withheld information about a certain someone (see previous question for answer) and it was so sad. Celaena's first love, someone she trusted so completely, who then had a hand in her best friend's death.

The Reynolds Pamphlet: A book with a twist you didn't see coming
For me, that would be the ending of Winter from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. When *that* person got stabbed I was shocked. I really didn't see it coming.


And that's a wrap! I had fun answering this, and I hope you had fun reading this. If you see this, I challenge you to do it! Just copy and past the text and delete my answers.

-Sam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Beth Revis and Kati Gardner

My 2018 wrap-up!

2019 Blog Plans